An integral member of the public relations department at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Yasmine was the Public Relations Intern for the summer of 2012. There, she experienced the day-to-day tasks of a public relations position and learned how public relations plays an intricate role in contributing to the bigger picture. It was an amazing and eye-opening experience that allowed her to develop further as a writer, strategic thinker, and storyteller.
Here are a few highlights from her experience.
- In my years as a public relations professional, I have never met someone who has the desire and motivation to succeed as much as Yasmine. While working full-time hours with the ACVB, she also held two other part-time jobs. Her thirst for knowledge about the public relations industry is unparalleled She is a quick learner and fully understands the concept of cooperating for a team effort. Throughout the summer, Yasmine maintained this energy and positive attitude, all working without pay.
~ Ashley O’Dell, Public Relations Specialist at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Yasmine demonstrated a strong work ethic and brought energy and positivity to work with her everyday. She is a quick learner and fully understands the concept of cooperating for a team effort. She never complained about some of the mundane tasks of intern work and was a pleasure to work with everyday. She is a consistent worker and is up for any challenge or assignment presented to her. Yasmine was a fantastic representative for the ACVB and would make a valuable contribution to any organization.
~ Rachel Peavy, Public Relations Manager at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Atlanta Dining on Track for MARTA Users
- Find Your Inner-Olympian in Atlanta (Research Development)
- Fourth of July has a Quirky Side in Atlanta (Research Development)
- It’s Craft Beer Week 2012! @details features @beeradvocate No. 2 rated beer bar in the world, Atlanta’s @brickstorepub… — ATL Public Relations (@AtlantaCVBpr) May 17, 2012
- What’s brewing in the beer scene? According to @details, the No. 2 rated beer bar is ATL’s @brickstorepub on.details.com/MoWudb — ATL Public Relations (@AtlantaCVBpr) May 19, 2012
- At the frontline of the unofficial burger war @bostonglobe names ATL’s @farmburger @flipburger @grindhouseatl @yeahburger as contenders:… — ATL Public Relations (@AtlantaCVBpr) May 23, 2012
- @atlantacvb_pr Great way of looking at it :) — HuffPost Travel (@HuffPostTravel) May 24, 2012
- No need for a blow torch #Atlanta is #CatchingFire on its own with the production of the sequel to the @thehungergames exm.nr/MBpVGG — ATL Public Relations (@AtlantaCVBpr) May 25, 2012